In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1humanidad femininegénero humano masculine
- It is often acknowledged that the history of mankind is written by its victors.
- In actual fact, the idea of the brotherhood of mankind was founded on the basis of uniquely human features.
- The challenge for all of us is to tap into these gifts and use them for our benefit and for all mankind.
- The changing face of killing goes hand in hand, for him, with the way history has shaped our society and mankind.
- Had he been listened to, the history of mankind might have been different.
- The history of mankind is littered with appalling acts of barbarism, cruelty and hatred.
- A little concern for the rest of mankind is surely part of what makes us human.
- Proof that history depends on mankind rather than a merely symbolic event was in evidence in two nations.
- Had they crept just a foot higher, countless historic masterpieces could have been lost to mankind forever.
- They don't bother much with the plight of mankind and as such they are simply the enemy.
- And what needs to be demolished are the illusions to which mankind is prey.
- Arms races have dogged mankind from the dawn of history, and history seems bound to repeat itself.
- This in my opinion was no more of a noble battle than any unwarranted slaughter in the history of the mankind.
- This theft is indeed the biggest theft ever witnessed by mankind in the history of the world.
- This century has been marked by some of the most horrific events in the history of mankind.
- You cannot even scratch the surface of the darkest chapter of mankind's recent history.
- Perhaps, though I scarcely dare to hope it, the hydrogen bomb will terrify mankind into sanity and tolerance.
- Those on board the spacecraft were doing research work for the benefit of mankind.
- By leaving a legacy you are benefiting the rest of mankind and everybody can do that.
- Why not try making the best nachos known to mankind, with the best guacamole known to mankind?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.