In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1humanidad femininegénero humano masculine
- Had he been listened to, the history of mankind might have been different.
- It is often acknowledged that the history of mankind is written by its victors.
- This in my opinion was no more of a noble battle than any unwarranted slaughter in the history of the mankind.
- And what needs to be demolished are the illusions to which mankind is prey.
- In actual fact, the idea of the brotherhood of mankind was founded on the basis of uniquely human features.
- This century has been marked by some of the most horrific events in the history of mankind.
- This theft is indeed the biggest theft ever witnessed by mankind in the history of the world.
- The history of mankind is littered with appalling acts of barbarism, cruelty and hatred.
- Proof that history depends on mankind rather than a merely symbolic event was in evidence in two nations.
- The changing face of killing goes hand in hand, for him, with the way history has shaped our society and mankind.
- You cannot even scratch the surface of the darkest chapter of mankind's recent history.
- The challenge for all of us is to tap into these gifts and use them for our benefit and for all mankind.
- Perhaps, though I scarcely dare to hope it, the hydrogen bomb will terrify mankind into sanity and tolerance.
- Had they crept just a foot higher, countless historic masterpieces could have been lost to mankind forever.
- Arms races have dogged mankind from the dawn of history, and history seems bound to repeat itself.
- A little concern for the rest of mankind is surely part of what makes us human.
- Those on board the spacecraft were doing research work for the benefit of mankind.
- They don't bother much with the plight of mankind and as such they are simply the enemy.
- By leaving a legacy you are benefiting the rest of mankind and everybody can do that.
- Why not try making the best nachos known to mankind, with the best guacamole known to mankind?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.