In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Garezarde is the name of the palace and our few mansions and servant houses that surround it.
- I remember passing by houses, and semi mansions with their own botanical gardens and Olympic coliseums.
- As competition for the most impressive summer house flourished, huge mansions took shape among the hills.
- It wasn't a mansion just a small house, Granny even said something about a pool.
- Old maps show that there were once some impressive 17th century mansions, particularly on the north side near the top of Dawson Street.
- She happily green-lighted zoning changes to allow a few small cottages to be demolished and replaced by impressive mansions.
- I mean, sure the houses are practically mansions and most if not all have ocean views, my dad even owns a part of the beach.
- The front door of the mansion slammed hard, hard enough to be heard through the entire building.
- By now, Michelle had miraculously gained entry and was driven to the front porch of the mansion.
- Maya's house was a mansion of sorts with a large garden sandwiched between the main iron gate and a porch that led to the door.
- The houses all looked like mansions in my opinion.
- Building size varied from one-floor shack houses, two-story mansions, and multilevel apartment and office buildings.
- Spanish colonial mansions, cathedrals, churches, and houses adorn the streets of both cities.
- Picture their multi-multimillion-dollar mansions and chateaus.
- Simple shotgun houses to magnificent mansions will be showcased in this exhibition detailing New Orlean's vivid architectural past.
- She had never seen such beautiful homes that were rather mansions than mere houses.
- Looking around me, the houses are massive mansions, some the size of boarding school.
- He lived up in the hills where the houses turned into mansions.
- There are two evocative groups of surviving mansions and period houses on Fifth Avenue, each worth a fresh look on summer stroll.
- The houses weren't mansions, but they were nice enough.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.