In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- That will mean a harsh deal for manual workers who can't physically work beyond 60 or 65.
- These immigrants have come from positions ranging from low-level bureaucrats to manual laborers.
- Asian manual laborers who came to the United States in the nineteenth century were overwhelmingly male.
- If slave conditions need to change, human labour, needs and feelings of manual workers need to be respected.
- These manual laborers, long accustomed to toiling in the fields, are good workers.
- Some work as manual laborers while others work as farmers, especially when the fishing is bad.
- Many of them work as unskilled manual laborers, which confines them to low social and economic status.
- His glasses gave him an intellectual appearance, but his build and physical presence were more like a manual laborer.
- It is highly unlikely for the family of high-ranking party officers to work as a manual laborer or miner, for example.
- People working indoors do not get the sun exposure that their ancestors got as farmers and manual laborers.
- In the wilderness, elite men like Roosevelt no longer donned the business suits that separated them from manual laborers.
- They tried to supplement their income by hiring themselves out as day laborers, textile workers or manual laborers.
- As a manual laborer, he wonders how can he ever feel useful again.
- I am not your typical unskilled manual labourer.
- In summer, many manual laborers take their tops off because they get sweaty, or like to saunter along the sidewalks topless.
- All things being equal the manual labourer will get a slight preference from me because he'll be tougher and stronger and less prone to injury.
- His poems reflect the experience of manual laborers and the union men and women who built the United States.
- They have tried to present the different facets of the former Pope's life as a manual labourer, poet, thespian and footballer.
- He became a manual laborer and later a postal worker, a position that he retained until his retirement.
- But today, the computer can actually make a better examination than a manual physician.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.