In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- In reality, the size that fits best will vary according to style, manufacturer and fabric.
- There has to be an agreement by manufacturers to design their products to be recyclable.
- No computer game manufacturer has produced a game of such universal appeal.
- No one asks for a new processor when a manufacturer launches a faster computer.
- I rang up the manufacturers of the product we used and spoke to one of their paint experts.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.