In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1papel pautado masculinepapel pentagramado masculine
- And there are several sheets of blank manuscript paper, front and back, for your own notes and silences.
- Messiaen was not one to waste manuscript paper, so it is possible that he wrote this fragment down in 1965 on a sheet partly used two years earlier.
- While most girls carry little hand mirrors or hair brushes, Mary always had manuscript paper and a pencil handy in case a sudden inspiration hit that required her to put it onto paper before it left her mind.
- The opening allegro was written in a white heat of inspiration, during a holiday in the mountains near Graz; he seems to have run out of manuscript paper, for the last 50 bars are scribbled out on dinner napkins.
- They even had the basic melody written out on a few sheets of manuscript paper.
- Such basic irritations do not even occur to us when skating across smooth manuscript paper with a ballpoint pen.
- To face a blank piece of manuscript paper is difficult for anybody at any time.
- Other pieces by Cage were composed by placing notes on physical imperfections in the manuscript paper, by tracing musical patterns from star maps, and so on.
- I always have some folded-up manuscript paper in it as well.
- She pulled out a pencil and some sheets of blank manuscript paper.
- And we all know that musical scores don't just appear on manuscript paper overnight.
- The avid mushroom-pickers who encounter a strange figure prostrate on the ground, holding a pencil and manuscript paper in his hands, are startled.
- To backtrack to actually reconstructing the piece, I usually start on good old-fashioned manuscript paper with a pencil.
- The sensitivity usually rises from musicians desperate to receive some encouragement for the notes they commit to manuscript paper.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.