1.1muchosmuchashe doesn't have many books — no tiene muchos libros
- did they ask you many difficult questions? — ¿te hicieron muchas preguntas difíciles?
- we got there without too many problems — llegamos sin demasiados problemas
- how many plates/cups do you need? — ¿cuántos platos/cuántas tazas necesitas?
1.2muchosmuchasmany problems still remain unsolved — falta aún solucionar muchos problemas
- many years ago — hace muchos años
- I've had as many jobs as you — he tenido tantos trabajos como tú
- she read 15 books in as many days — se leyó 15 libros en el mismo número de días
- I have too many books — tengo demasiados libros
- one chair too many, one too many chairs — una silla de más
2many a — muchos
- in many an English town — en muchas ciudades inglesas
1muchosmuchasshe has some friends, but not many — tiene amigos, pero no muchos
- how many of your colleagues smoke? — ¿cuántos/cuántas de tus colegas fuman?
2muchosmuchasmany of the machines are imported — muchas de las máquinas son importadas
- many of us/you — muchos de nosotros/de ustedes
- answer as many of the questions as possible — conteste todas las preguntas que pueda
- I've got twice as many as you — tengo el doble que tú
- as many as 26 are still missing — todavía faltan nada menos que 26
- however many you eat, you still want more — te comas las que te comas, te quedas con ganas de comer más
- I don't want this many — yo no quiero tantos/tantas
- would ten be too many? — ¿diez serían demasiados?
- you've given me one/two too many — me has dado uno/dos de más
3(people)muchosmany would disagree with that opinion — muchos no estarían de acuerdo con esa opinión
- for the good of the many — por el bien de la mayoría
- how many must die before this war finishes? — ¿cuántos han de morir antes de que esta guerra se acabe?
- At least two of them tend to accompany me on many of my journeys beyond these walls.
- You may have weapons he seems to say, but we are still men and there are many of us.
- From the point of view of the individual, trial by jury is a good thing for many reasons.
- They say the measure of the man is in the number and quality of friends he keeps and John had many.
- Towneley is the largest of Burnley's many parks and is a jewel in the crown of the town.
- Over the past few weeks he has appeared in many of the smaller venues where he started out.
- It was a time when many of his old so-called friends had dropped him like a hot potato.
- It is here that many people come as they prepare for their leap of faith across the border.
- He is also an expert in solar technology and many of the bus stops will run on solar and wind power.
- These parties may win many of their votes on the race issue, but they win very few votes.
- Many errors do not cause harm, but in many ways these are as important as those that do.
- Worst of all, these were the very questions on the minds of many of the public back home.
- Irrespective of that fact, the message of the time is that too many of us use the car too much.
- The hunt ride was a fixture of the event many years ago, but was reinstated this year.
- Cycling can and should be used when possible but for many it is simply not a viable option.
- Over the years, many of those who used to be members have died or live in care homes.
- I can warn you now that many of you are not going to like what I'm going to do with the place.
- There is a long way to go yet with these proposals, and possibly many changes to be made.
- Most of the hard work was done by women, since many of the men had gone off to find employment.
- The council plans to bring in a private partner to run and manage many of its buildings.