In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1also maple treearce masculine
- Although set in 24 acres of land, extra measures have been taken to plant more oaks, sycamores, maples and horse chestnut trees to provide increased privacy.
- Sugar maples, red maples, dogwood, sweet gum, black gum and sourwood can be brilliant red or yellow.
- The garden includes ferns, hydrangeas, irises, waterlilies, camellias, rhododendrons, Japanese maples and fuchsias.
- Laurel oaks, maples, pecans and sweetgum trees don't do as well.
- Among the others are tanoaks, California black oaks, Shreve's oaks, madrones, rhododendrons, manzanita, big leaf maples and bay laurels.
- I was blown away - masses of dogwoods with striking blood red stems jostled with white-barked birch trees, snakeskin maples and much more.
- If he finds these big structures, he probably has a broad-leaf tree such as a maple or oak instead of a pine or other conifer.
- The eggs were not laid until the last week of April, as the weather warmed up, serviceberry bloomed, and maples, poplars, birches, and beeches were leafing out.
- Some deciduous trees, such as many maples and oaks, can be pruned to allow more light to reach the ground.
- The gardens have very successfully combined Japanese species such as azaleas, maples and cherry trees with native plants such as Canadian maples and red cedars.
- The beetles' affinity for certain trees, like maples, poplars, willows, and elms, is significant because such attractive species may be used as sentinel trees.
- The answer lies in the tremendous diversity of deciduous trees: maples, oaks, sumacs and beech each impart their own range of colours to the overall palette.
- In the native forests of the Oregon Cascades hemlocks, cedars, maples, many fir and pine species, and others are intermingled among the dominant Douglas fir.
- It wasn't so much different from Utah, but for the fact that this had more maples and oaks than pine trees, and that it was absolutely flat.
- Although Acer palmatum is the classic Japanese maple there are other maples from Japan with a similar degree of elegance.
- Inside the rotunda are flowers, ivy and a single Japanese maple tree that provides shade for the graves.
- There was a chill in the air with winds from the not-so-distant fog harassing the prematurely yellowed leaves of maples.
- At the end of the road, the view of nature is replaced by rows of small villas surrounded by colourful chrysanthemums and dark-red maples.
- The hillsides are covered with maples and other foliage.
- In addition to these, a laceleaf Japanese maple, a vine maple, blue oat grass, and other ornamentals cover the berm.
2(wood)madera de arce feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.