In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1azúcar de arce feminine
- For example, bereaved relatives were not allowed to participate in food gathering until someone fed them the first wild rice or maple sugar of the season.
- I love, love, * love * maple syrup, and I'd never had maple sugar before, so I was very intrigued, and it's delicious!
- Substitute half the amount of granulated sugar in your favorite shortbread recipe with an equivalent amount of maple sugar.
- Johnson elected to show the old-fashioned way of making maple sugar and did not acknowledge the labor-saving devices that were then available.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the maple sugar, bread flour, melted butter, egg whites, and walnuts.
- We found enough trees in the three acres of woods around our house for a ‘sugarbush,’ as forests managed for maple sugar production are called.
- No sooner had she entered the kitchen then she returned with a tray full of steaming bowls of hot cereal with maple sugar, flapjacks, waffles, eggs and milk.
- Combine water, salt, maple sugar, cumin, coriander, chili and cinnamon; stir until salt and sugar are dissolved.
- The story is set not so far from where I was born, and the descriptions, from the still lake to the maple sugar… it made me want to return there.
- They set small paper plates of blueberries, maple sugar, wild rice, and venison next to me as my spirit made ready to leave the body.
- The aptly named sugar maple is the primary source of the sweet sap used to make maple syrup and maple sugar.
- Place a crepe souffle on a parchment lined sheet pan and sprinkle maple sugar over the top.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.