In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine maleantemasculine merodeadorfeminine merodeadora
- We need not look for ‘proof’ by poring over the dusty records of the meticulous pillagers, marauders, and savvy tradesmen.
- If international rugby is to mean anything, trans-nations marauders seeking higher wages really should be stopped.
- I can hardly think of a worse fate for any society than to be led into the future by the political class of gangsters, marauders, looters, and liars.
- Ships of our navy have had occasional run-ins with pirates and marauders, but war for us is like the vaguest memory.
- This location afforded a natural fortress to protect it from roving marauders and pirates in search of valuable goods.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.