In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- I'm all for the marchers now and have plans for my own kind of protest in the future.
- The marchers join a swelling youth protest movement as many face a bleak future.
- No doubt many of Saturday's marchers will claim their own particular reasons for protesting this time.
- Protesters in Parliament Square tried to break through police lines and join other marchers who had arrived in the area.
- It was an anti-globalisation protest, but many marchers shouted slogans and had placards against the war.
- Sections of the city centre were brought to a halt by marchers protesting against job losses and poor working conditions.
- The marcher sustained the injury after a scuffle broke out when marchers broke the windows of a stationary taxi.
- Yesterday the pro-testing marchers stood up to be counted and we applaud them.
- Protest marchers head for the offices of the Dept. of Fisheries on Black Wednesday.
- I certainly cannot recall street marchers or naked protests, and I would remember those.
- Fortunately for them, there were several people outside the jail who were protesting the arrest of the marchers.
- The government ordered soldiers to open fire on the marchers, killing 11 women protesters.
- The marchers carried placards threatening to take strike action during the examination period.
- The marchers from Central Luzon will be joined by thousands of protesters from Manila and Southern Tagalog.
- A wall of uniformed police on motor scooters blocked off half of Second Avenue as marchers trooped down city streets.
- But the calm and restrained people constitute the majority of the marchers.
- Looks like they are educating their kids to be party of the next generation of protesters and marchers.
- I wonder if maybe violence against a protest marcher might be one of the only effective ways to highlight the agenda of the protest concerned.
- He has asked the thousands of marchers with him to wait outside the city.
- The Swindon marchers joined the protest near the Houses of Parliament.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.