In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(horse) yegua feminine(donkey) burra feminine(zebra) cebra feminine
- Eating infected fescue often causes extended pregnancies in mares, resulting in foaling problems.
- If the mares are not in foal to Kentucky stallions, it is difficult to get a really top price.
- Males mature more slowly; at three, they begin to pester mares in estrus and are driven out of their natal group.
- Inbreeding may account for the fact that far fewer than half of all breeding mares foal each year.
- Tragically, as that happens, thousands of mares, foals and stallions will die.
- They bought a lot of very high-priced stallions and brood mares and so on from all around the world.
- Most adults live in social groups, either of stallions, of mares with their dependent foals, or in mixed sex groups.
- Other than predator defense by the male, the mare mostly raises the foal.
- The infection can be derived from contaminated bedding and it can be spread from stallions to mares during breeding.
- It really doesn't matter whether you have a stallion or a mare or a gelding.
- The stallion, however should be kept in such a way to prevent him from seeing any of the mares or other horses except other stallions.
- This is especially useful for skittish horses and pregnant mares.
- They live in permanent small family groups made up of a stallion and one to several mares and their foals.
- The three riders fought to contain their horses but the mare wasn't as much trouble as the two stallions were.
- She didn't want to go home to her stables and see all the beautiful mares and gelding and stallions and not see her mare.
- Then one day, he noticed that a mare, a stallion and a foal had crossed the fence into the park.
- A breeding herd usually consists of a stallion with anything from one to five mares, and their foals.
- The structure that was destroyed was a barn used for foaling mares and prepping yearlings.
- She saddled the mare, the just-awoken horse quickly catching onto Fiona's urgency.
- With two stallions and 20 brood mares, the Ford's are expecting 16 foals this season.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.