In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1navegante masculine literary
- The rescued mariners were landed at Culdrose, where they were checked by the medical team and given a good breakfast and a chance to rest.
- Since medieval times, mariners have employed dead reckoning to navigate their vessels.
- This ancient method of greeting between mariners is a form of salute, based upon making the ship vulnerable.
- Within the structure is a current meter, which via a radio link will broadcast realtime current and tidal stream information to passing mariners.
- Comfort has 63 civilian mariners, 956 US Navy medical staff and 258 US Navy support staff.
- Our mutual respect is born of the natural ties between mariners and a long and illustrious shared history.
- The crew responded immediately, racing to the scene and recovering the four mariners with one of the ship's small boats.
- The lake's edges are pockmarked by hundreds of steep, narrow coves that provide absolute privacy for the cruising mariner.
- Two of the Navy's trio of offshore patrol ships were on hand to rescue stricken mariners in two incidents on the same day.
- Some mariners, when they reach this point, choose to invest even more time and energy into their boat relationship to ensure its success.
- Perhaps these mariners were particularly skilled, sensitive to the marine environment, or just plain lucky.
- Royal Fleet Auxiliary tanker Bayleaf has rescued five stricken mariners - and set them on their way with an unexpected bonus.
- A world War II wreck which is the final resting place of 690 British soldiers and sailors is to be moved to protect the lives of present day mariners.
- I do not wish to try to pass myself off as an all-knowing mariner but I'd like to try to instill some focus on the recreational mariner's obligations.
- The most famous was, of course, Christopher Columbus, a Genoese mariner sailing for Spain.
- Fortunately, a mariner qualified to command the finished vessel had been with the project from the start.
- Additionally well before any range activation, a notification will go in the papers as well as warnings to mariners and aircraft.
- In The Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner, the mariner shoots an albatross and all the wind goes out of his sails.
- A major government project intended to rescue mariners in the 21st century may be in some need of rescue itself.
- Charts and cruising guides abound that give the mariner the information needed on every mile of the canal system.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.