In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(problems) matrimonial(bliss) conyugalmarital counseling / counselling — terapia matrimonial / de pareja feminine
- It deals with the issue of marital infidelity as seen across various couples.
- They are also looking at his marital and custody arrangements for the children.
- One of the marital indiscretions had landed him in trouble with his wife.
- Two people, a husband and wife, work out their marital malaise by literally trying to kill one another.
- They want an amendment that would require sheriffs to pay more attention to the rights of the child in marital disputes.
- He prefers marital banter with his wife on the phone to talking about measurements and ingredients.
- The mother of the children told police she and her husband had been having marital problems for the past six months.
- Even within the marital context, they work to limit the husband's authority.
- Sexual indiscretions, marital break-ups and drug habits are glossed over completely.
- If the wife deferred to the husband because of the marital relationship, that is another thing.
- In other words, the remark points to the dynamic of a sibling relationship, not a marital one.
- Due to social stigma attached to it even the best marital relationships can come under strain.
- Hurtling along at breakneck speed, this smash hit comedy of marital deception guarantees a great night out.
- There are marital complexities both on and off stage in the latest production from Bingley Little Theatre.
- What could have been more appropriate for this marital tragedy than, of all operas, Tristan und Isolde?
- If all they've done is suffer an unhappy marriage, we should leave them to their marital misery.
- However, certain key aspects of the marital relationship can be elucidated and do require discussion.
- The marital embrace is the culmination of the total self-giving of husbands and wives.
- He plays a troubled psychiatrist who's in the midst of severe marital problems.
- Stay with her exclusively and wrestle with resentfulness coupled with marital bliss.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.