In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Their game plan is to boost profits by selling more goods at regular price, instead of last-minute markdowns.
- This system reduces the need for retailers to stockpile large inventories of a growing range of products, thereby reducing their risk of stock-outs, markdowns, and inventory carrying costs.
- They analyze packaging, pricing, endcap placement, and markdowns, and check out new products from the competition.
- Green has condemned the plans as a cost-cutting strategy rather than a retail strategy, and said that the intended savings on markdowns were essentially guesswork, because weather played a major part in price cuts.
- At issue in this example is the point where the cost advantage of a cheaper supplier is offset by a faster supply chain that decreases logistics costs and reduces lost sales and markdowns.
- ‘I'm seeing a lot of clearance sales - markdowns on top of markdowns,’ she crows.
- If the markdown is from an artificially inflated price, then the advertising is deceptive.
- Is there an automatic markdown in price if an item hasn't sold in a certain period of time?
- From there, a mathematical model was developed of each item's intrinsic consumer demand and its response to markdowns, promotions, seasonality and other factors.
- In the customer's eyes, these attributes also indicate that an apparel firm will be able to respond faster and make decisions later in the process, which can reduce the chance for obsolete inventory and markdowns, he says.
- But in place of last season's store-wide clearance sales, this year's markdowns are more strategically planned, and limited to a small number of goods.
- Your first markdown is your cheapest, as they say in the retail business.
- Each day, she tracks such measures as the customer-identification rate, percentage of households shopping that week, how many new customers the store is retaining, and markdowns as a percentage of sales.
- Ultimately, everything may be a little cheaper, because we won't have to absorb the cost of those deep markdowns at the end.
- Gap Inc., which says inventory is about the same as it was a year ago, recently installed software programs that help it plan markdowns.
- When the goods delivered to the loading dock aren't what customers are shopping for, stores must resort to the desperate measure of price markdowns.
- The autumn markdown could make for good stock shopping.
- Retail giants reported lackluster sales in November despite markdowns on apparel, toys and electronics.
- The intense pounding of Internet stock prices throughout 2000 translates into big markdowns in deal prices.
- The system keeps customers happy, and because in many cases Dell gets paid before the machine is built, the company faces no markdowns for obsolete inventory.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.