1hueso con tuétano masculinecaracú River Plate
- Trotters with marrowbone is another St John-style dish.
- Marrow rich bone thus would have wound up in cooking pots, and after the marrow was consumed the marrowbones were discarded on site, ultimately ending up in the zooarchaeological samples recovered.
- Cook the marrowbone for 15 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Sometimes she wangled a large marrowbone to cook with our meat ration and lots of vegetables, this lasted a couple of days.
- The other soup, Kapusniak, was made from sauerkraut cooked in water with marrowbones, pork meat and pork sausages, carrots, knob celery, parsley roots and onions.