In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The critical misunderstanding is that not every display of masculinity is sexual.
- These two knights of the realm are mirror images, roughly the same age and both enduring embodiments of masculinity.
- The office of president, always held by men, promotes a mental link between authority and masculinity.
- The learned professor is not the first to point out that modern masculinity faces challenging times.
- A triumphant and energetic return to work in the office dispels doubts about his masculinity.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.