In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cinta adhesiva protectora femininecinta de enmascarar feminine Colombiatirro masculine Venezuela
- Cover wood edge with masking tape to protect it, then mix the grout according to package instructions.
- Be sure to cover the edge of the floor with a paint guide or masking tape.
- The most common masking tape is the standard tan tape, which will work for most projects.
- Next, it is crucial to use some newspaper and masking tape to cover up areas where you don't want paint to get.
- Cut small triangular slits in the paper and tape over these to the drywall with masking tape.
- To keep from splintering the back, cover the cut line with masking tape before you cut.
- To protect the surrounding floor, put masking tape around the old/damaged tile.
- Use masking tape where two paint colors come together for a much neater job.
- With the countertop face-up, apply masking tape over the cut area and pencil a cut line on the tape.
- The tiled street signs were covered by black masking tape and replaced by bright yellow signs on poles and a temporary café has been built on a piece of wasteland.
- Use regular masking tape to attach the plastic sheeting on top of the painting tape.
- After applying masking tape, press the edge down with a block of wood to make sure there is a good bond.
- Have extra masking tape in several widths available along with scissors, a pencil and several rags to clean up spills.
- Paint the wall a bright green, then rip masking tape to create an uneven, ragged edge.
- To protect the floor, put masking tape around the board to be replaced.
- Then, tape it to the floor with masking tape pressed over the cutouts.
- Cut the excess off with a handsaw; but first, mark the cut line with some masking tape to protect against chipping.
- Once the patch is in place, tape it down on all four sides with masking tape.
- Put the place setting inside a paper cup; place a second cup on top, and seal them together with masking tape.
- And make sure to put masking tape around places where you want to avoid getting paint.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.