In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
(craft of mason)albañilería femininestone masonry — mampostería feminine
- [ S ]beware of falling masonry — peligro de derrumbe
- before noun masonry drill — taladro de mampostería / de pared
- With a fireplace, for instance, the wall goes from board to masonry, and you have a wavy corner to match up.
- As odd as it may seem, water causes more damage to masonry chimneys than fire.
- The gypsum board must be attached to the wood furring strips or underlying masonry using nails or screws.
- They find their way into cracks and crevices in masonry and brickwork, such as the inside of a chimney, and lay eggs among these materials.
- The project saw the renewal of stonework and replacement of masonry on the cathedral's rose window.
- Depending on the type of masonry sealer, some will also work to seal concrete slabs.
- Like their masonry counterparts, they require periodic cleaning and maintenance.
- The bakehouse was made of masonry and fieldstone, with walls two feet thick.
- Cement paints, masonry paints or exterior grade emulsion are suited to concrete surfaces.
- Skilled trades such as fishing, carpentry, and masonry work tend to be family specializations.
- He enjoyed a reputation for building tall elegant masonry structures such as church towers and spires.
- Once the mortar is dry, you can attach a cutting board to the side of the barbecue with fluted masonry nails.
- Brick saws can be used to cut bricks, pavers, stones, large quarry tiles and other masonry.
- Wet the joint and then apply new mortar into the joint with a small masonry trowel or putty knife.
- Your local brick or masonry supplier should be consulted for specific advice.
- Repair and finish joints between stones or bricks of masonry structure.
- After high school he went into masonry but he soon found it wasn't for him.
- Modern houses in cities and villages usually have two or three stories with masonry and stucco.
- The project aims to bring the children back to civilian life by giving them a trade in carpentry, masonry or metal work.
- The building of a house, or even any transaction concerning it, is not just a matter of masonry or of business.
- Natural drafts that people usually sense occur near windows and masonry walls.
- To say these guys will be throwing up bricks is an affront to the fine profession of masonry.
- As many were nailed to the cellar masonry, they were often broken or cracked during removal.
- These are works of dry stone masonry meticulously assembled, some aligned directly with points of the compass.
- Care must be used in deciding where and when to use clear waterproofing materials on masonry walls.
2Masonry", "Freemasonry(organization)masonería femininefrancmasonería feminine
- This is not to say that you have to be a Mason in order to be good man but rather that Masonry, by its very nature and calling, ‘makes a good man better’’.
- I don't have many acquaintances who are non - white so the chances of someone ‘non-white’ joining Masonry through me is slim.
- The official, watered-down version (in the absence of provable fact) is that Masonry originated from the stone craft guilds.
- The term ‘lodge’ derives from Masonry and other societies that model themselves on it, such as the Brotherhood of Elks.
- There's a lot more of that in Masonry than you'd think: Masonry is for people like us, if we choose.
- They are not, however, recognized as being official Masonry organization, and Masonic contact with them is forbidden.
- As we view the use of ‘sheepskin aprons’ in the Initiated Orders of Masonry, we can surmise that the use of this element would be seen as an affront to more ‘precise’ sects contained within the vast network of Mystery Schools.
- First, in order to be initiated, a person has to bind himself, by the most cruel and barbarous oaths, never to reveal any of Masonry's secrets.
- White and black Masonry continued as separate organizations throughout the twentieth century.
- While universalists insisted that Masonry was not a religion, they did view it as a great aid to religion.
- And for many, another important aspect of the World of Masonry is to expand their working knowledge of the contracting industry.
- He believes that Masonry is not compatible with the Christian faith.
- Literature, Masonry, and stampcollecting have at least one thing in common: they enable the initiated to communicate in a pre-arranged system of references.
- I studied The Book of the Dead; I studied Masonry; I studied the Holy Koran also, and some parts of the Bible, in order to construct that book.
- In their place will come spin doctors and media strategies in an attempt to revolutionise the public image of Masonry.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.