In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1the mass media — los medios de comunicación (de masas)
- They are taught in schools and colleges, and through the mass media, such as newspapers and television.
- While the mass media focus is usually on one place at a time, the protests are often in many places simultaneously.
- No matter what the mass media says, at a certain time people come up against the truth.
- The examples are taken from different sources, including the mass media.
- Acceptance of the mass media entails a shift in our notion of what culture is.
- More typically, researchers will opt for one or possibly two of the mass media and may sample within that type or types.
- People need to know how to produce effective leaflets and web pages and how to approach the mass media.
- Did the collaboration with the mass media affect the independence of your thinking?
- In Britain and America a burgeoning youth culture had begun to infect the mass media.
- In addition, he said that members of the mass media would not be allowed to enter.
- To bridge this divide, parties will have to rely far more on the mass media to communicate their stand.
- From its earliest days, the mass media played an important role in the popular perception of the detective.
- As a result, she was in the spotlight of the mass media, as a promising singer and social feminist.
- I've written for specialist cinephile and academic journals and for the mass media.
- This process has been reinforced by the increasing monopolization of the mass media.
- Such leaks have been standard fare in parliamentary politics and the mass media for decades.
- What's different is that it is so often driven by the mass media and by marketing.
- We accept his evidence that he used the internet to find material relating to music, football and the mass media.
- In the twentieth century, many radical intellectuals embraced the mass media.
- There is a vast hunger for information and the mass media with which to deliver it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.