In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masajearshe massaged his neck — le masajeó la nuca
- to massage sb's ego — inflarle / alimentarle el ego a algn
1masaje masculineto give sb a massage — darle un masaje a algn
- a shoulder/foot massage — un masaje en los hombros/en los pies
- before noun massage parlor / parlour — burdel
- Be very careful when massaging anyone with special medical or health issues.
- Then massage the entire body, applying even pressure with the whole hand - palm and fingers.
- You'll enjoy the feeling of gently massaging your baby, but miss out her spine and avoid nut-based oils such as almond oil.
- It massages the abdominal muscles, alleviating digestive disorders.
- The sessions are aimed at teaching parents how to massage their babies and share in the magic of loving touch.
- Spend at least 5-10 minutes massaging the entire body and then relax for 5 minutes.
- He revelled in the exquisite pleasure of the warm spray massaging his body.
- The fingers that were upon my shoulder blades were massaging me at a hard, but gentle pace.
- She closed her eyes and carefully massaged her painfully hard stomach.
- You step into the specially designed bath and hundreds of revolving jets or water from nozzles massages the entire body from the feet to the neck.
- Some massage therapists use oils or lotions to reduce friction while massaging your body.
- Your entire body may be massaged and your limbs may be stretched and gently shaken.
- I had a quick shower, and was then back on the table to be covered with piping-hot towels then pummelled, kneaded and massaged all over.
- Once all were in place, the therapist used other hot stones to massage me all over.
- The duration of each treatment also varies according to the amount of body surface to be massaged.
- No oils or lotions are used and the session usually lasts about 20 minutes as only the upper body is massaged.
- This treatment involves basking in a warm bath while more than 100 jets massage your body.
- She was brought back to reality when the kind hands stopped massaging her.
- This involved sitting in a heated seawater bath while jets massaged her body from top to toe.
- He started to massage my body and I felt my tension draining away as I started to drift off.
- Senior managers had deliberately massaged the figures in order to meet targets.
- Did you misread it, or have they been massaging the record after the fact?
- Coming back to the bill itself, I find that the figures have been massaged.
- Crime figures, like any statistics, can be massaged to suit any occasion.
- Naturally one has to stop short of suggesting that the BBC's figures have been massaged.
- Instead of spending money on youth centres, welfare and social services, they have cut state expenditure and massaged the figures.
- Jones, who massaged facts and refused to face questions, dodged responsibility to the last.
- Similar structures had been created to massage accounting numbers and inflate profits.
- Company bosses have felt under pressure to massage figures for ever more spectacular results.
- In order to massage the statistics the definition of extremist criminal offences was changed.
- Market research is all about manipulation - massaging figures to meet your own ends.
- The two members take the view that this is all much of a variation on massaging figures and not so serious as to warrant dismissal.
- One suspects that at least some of the reason is that the unemployment figures are thereby massaged.
- I am worried though that his rebuttal after the fact contains some massaging, for fear of the ensuing explosion.
- The company wouldn't be attempting to massage its figures by including third-party shipments would it?
- He said civil servants would have spotted any attempt to try to massage or rig that result.
- Many companies massage their bottom line earnings per share figures following acquisitions.
- I mean, how many people know that examinations have never been an exact science, and that results have always been massaged and fiddled to fit?
- Firms massaged their profit figures upwards so as to discourage hostile takeover bids.
- It massages its figures by claiming that the organization has rehabilitated 1,000 schools.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.