In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1masajearshe massaged his neck — le masajeó la nuca
- She was brought back to reality when the kind hands stopped massaging her.
- Once all were in place, the therapist used other hot stones to massage me all over.
- I had a quick shower, and was then back on the table to be covered with piping-hot towels then pummelled, kneaded and massaged all over.
- The sessions are aimed at teaching parents how to massage their babies and share in the magic of loving touch.
- You'll enjoy the feeling of gently massaging your baby, but miss out her spine and avoid nut-based oils such as almond oil.
- Spend at least 5-10 minutes massaging the entire body and then relax for 5 minutes.
- The fingers that were upon my shoulder blades were massaging me at a hard, but gentle pace.
- This treatment involves basking in a warm bath while more than 100 jets massage your body.
- You step into the specially designed bath and hundreds of revolving jets or water from nozzles massages the entire body from the feet to the neck.
- Be very careful when massaging anyone with special medical or health issues.
- It massages the abdominal muscles, alleviating digestive disorders.
- Your entire body may be massaged and your limbs may be stretched and gently shaken.
- Some massage therapists use oils or lotions to reduce friction while massaging your body.
- The duration of each treatment also varies according to the amount of body surface to be massaged.
- No oils or lotions are used and the session usually lasts about 20 minutes as only the upper body is massaged.
- Then massage the entire body, applying even pressure with the whole hand - palm and fingers.
- She closed her eyes and carefully massaged her painfully hard stomach.
- He started to massage my body and I felt my tension draining away as I started to drift off.
- This involved sitting in a heated seawater bath while jets massaged her body from top to toe.
- He revelled in the exquisite pleasure of the warm spray massaging his body.
- Market research is all about manipulation - massaging figures to meet your own ends.
- Did you misread it, or have they been massaging the record after the fact?
- Crime figures, like any statistics, can be massaged to suit any occasion.
- In order to massage the statistics the definition of extremist criminal offences was changed.
- One suspects that at least some of the reason is that the unemployment figures are thereby massaged.
- He said civil servants would have spotted any attempt to try to massage or rig that result.
- Coming back to the bill itself, I find that the figures have been massaged.
- It massages its figures by claiming that the organization has rehabilitated 1,000 schools.
- The two members take the view that this is all much of a variation on massaging figures and not so serious as to warrant dismissal.
- Many companies massage their bottom line earnings per share figures following acquisitions.
- Jones, who massaged facts and refused to face questions, dodged responsibility to the last.
- Senior managers had deliberately massaged the figures in order to meet targets.
- Similar structures had been created to massage accounting numbers and inflate profits.
- I am worried though that his rebuttal after the fact contains some massaging, for fear of the ensuing explosion.
- Company bosses have felt under pressure to massage figures for ever more spectacular results.
- Firms massaged their profit figures upwards so as to discourage hostile takeover bids.
- The company wouldn't be attempting to massage its figures by including third-party shipments would it?
- Naturally one has to stop short of suggesting that the BBC's figures have been massaged.
- I mean, how many people know that examinations have never been an exact science, and that results have always been massaged and fiddled to fit?
- Instead of spending money on youth centres, welfare and social services, they have cut state expenditure and massaged the figures.
1masaje masculineto give sb a massage — darle un masaje a algn
- a shoulder/foot massage — un masaje en los hombros/en los pies
- before noun massage parlor / (British) parlour — burdel
- The gate control theory of pain also has been used to explain the effectiveness of massage in pain control.
- This plant will keep insects away when used in oil burners and in massage will relieve muscle tension.
- All types of massage can have an effect on the skin, muscles, blood vessels, lymph, nerves and some of the internal organs.
- The massage of muscle movement will stimulate the flow of stagnant blood in your leg veins.
- They will return to the spa for a back tension massage followed by a luxury facial.
- He developed an interest in massage and body work and observed football trainers and others involved with sports.
- Regular massage encourages circulation, and helps relax both body and mind.
- Oils are generally applied by the aromatherapist by means of a full body massage.
- I'm not sure that massage would actually relieve the pain, but it would certainly make me feel better!
- A full body or facial massage is the perfect way to top off your home-spa experience.
- You get a full body massage and exfoliation, so your skin feels like silk and you know there aren't going to be any areas you've missed.
- The most common conditions that require just remedial massage are shoulder pain and stiff necks.
- She offers aromatherapy massages to ease tension and back pain, and manicures, pedicures, arm and foot massages to improve joint mobility.
- I had a Japanese shiatsu massage in a pagoda scattered with frangipani petals, as the sea rolled onto the beach under my head.
- You could learn massage to ease pain, for example, and support your partner in the different positions she may want to use during labour.
- The massage systems also reduce shoulder tension caused by prolonged sitting and cervical pain.
- The massage also gave my body a chance to rebalance itself, and the light-headedness had gone by the end.
- The types of massage differ in the hand strokes used on your body and the pressure applied with each stroke.
- Sessions with a massage therapist eased the tension and Rhona began to think that there was some hope of recovery.
- The treatment involves a complete exfoliation, including the face, followed by a shower and a body and face massage.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.