1mastectomía femininea partial/radical mastectomy — una mastectomía parcial/total
- It may be possible for women who have had a mastectomy to have reconstructive surgery without the use of implants.
- Reconstruction can be done in the same operation as the mastectomy, and may be more successful if it's done straight away.
- A proportion of patients who have a mastectomy are advised to undergo radiotherapy to reduce the risk of local recurrence.
- The authors recommend their large-tissue-section approach for routine handling of all breast excisions and mastectomies.
- There are sports bras, nursing bras, bras designed to take prosthetic breasts for women who have undergone mastectomies.