In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(imperious)(gesture/manner) autoritario(gesture/manner) imperioso
- Many have called Sonia's action, a masterful strategy, and even if this were to be true, it does not matter.
- She's very masterful, very domineering and would look great in leather.
- He said a lot of other things that suggested what a masterful politician Bill can be.
- This was Ireland in dominant mode, masterful and confident in their control as they turned on the style.
- Very few teachers can feel masterful in such a classroom setting.
- If India's batting was masterful, their bowling in truly testing conditions was even more creditable.
- It is a masterful performance spoken in a second language which has clearly improved over the years.
- It is unquestionably masterful in its mellow execution, but ultimately it's background music for designer shopping.
- There are no shortcuts to masterful results; the students must control their efforts.
- Technically, it is quite masterful, but is at times distracting in its cleverness.
- It's a masterful performance that is easily among his most bare and honest.
- With masterful technique and an unhinged mad scene, she commanded the first act.
- Carroll's performance is masterful and has been deservedly acclaimed by local critics.
- It shows someone who had a masterful command of language that gave the facility to speak and write eloquently.
- If I were able to play any instrument with masterful skill and grace it would be the cello.
- She has a masterful command of the language and a manner of speaking that is precise and confident.
- Her masterful brush strokes and use of colour fired up many critics and curators and received immediate recognition.
- This was a masterful combination of flavours and textures - and excellent value too.
- The effort stands as an excellent example of the masterful execution of a joint special operation.
- On one level it was masterful, but it was also riddled with amazing leaps of logic and agonizing moments of drama.
- I loved the first one for its sophisticated camerawork, intricate plot and masterful performances.
- Still, the masterful tone and astonishingly sophisticated writing in this novel redeem a lot of the awkwardness.
- In other words, we know nothing about our deft and masterful artist except for his name.
- But it wasn't just the kids who loved his masterful two-hour solo performance.
- It was a great, masterful performance and was all about the sweet science of boxing.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.