In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(imperious)(gesture/manner) autoritario(gesture/manner) imperioso
- Very few teachers can feel masterful in such a classroom setting.
- This was Ireland in dominant mode, masterful and confident in their control as they turned on the style.
- He said a lot of other things that suggested what a masterful politician Bill can be.
- Many have called Sonia's action, a masterful strategy, and even if this were to be true, it does not matter.
- She's very masterful, very domineering and would look great in leather.
- Technically, it is quite masterful, but is at times distracting in its cleverness.
- It is a masterful performance spoken in a second language which has clearly improved over the years.
- Still, the masterful tone and astonishingly sophisticated writing in this novel redeem a lot of the awkwardness.
- In other words, we know nothing about our deft and masterful artist except for his name.
- If I were able to play any instrument with masterful skill and grace it would be the cello.
- Carroll's performance is masterful and has been deservedly acclaimed by local critics.
- The effort stands as an excellent example of the masterful execution of a joint special operation.
- Her masterful brush strokes and use of colour fired up many critics and curators and received immediate recognition.
- It is unquestionably masterful in its mellow execution, but ultimately it's background music for designer shopping.
- It shows someone who had a masterful command of language that gave the facility to speak and write eloquently.
- It was a great, masterful performance and was all about the sweet science of boxing.
- This was a masterful combination of flavours and textures - and excellent value too.
- I loved the first one for its sophisticated camerawork, intricate plot and masterful performances.
- She has a masterful command of the language and a manner of speaking that is precise and confident.
- On one level it was masterful, but it was also riddled with amazing leaps of logic and agonizing moments of drama.
- If India's batting was masterful, their bowling in truly testing conditions was even more creditable.
- But it wasn't just the kids who loved his masterful two-hour solo performance.
- It's a masterful performance that is easily among his most bare and honest.
- There are no shortcuts to masterful results; the students must control their efforts.
- With masterful technique and an unhinged mad scene, she commanded the first act.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.