In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1match play masculine
- In match play the player farthest from the hole can make the person who hit out of turn replay the shot.
- This costs her the hole in match play or a two-stroke penalty in stroke play.
- I lost in the first round of match play to the guy who lost in the second round to the guy who lost in the third round to the guy who won.
- I was very consistent in qualifying and started match play in 19th place.
- At match play, it doesn't matter what you shoot; it's all relative to your opponent.
- But not when you're in match play against another human being, especially an ally from Europe.
- In match play, use your best judgment - if a timely claim is made, it will be considered by rules officials later.
- These events include standard stroke play, match play, skins, and skills competitions.
- By waiving them, you waive the right to keep score in stroke play and to win the hole in match play.
- It's been said stroke play is a truer test of golf while match play is a truer test of character.
- Under Rule 15, in match play, the first person to play the wrong ball loses the hole.
- In four-ball match play, it's smart to choose a partner whose playing style is different from your own.
- In stroke play, that's a two-stroke penalty; in match play, the penalty is loss of hole.
- The thing to know about the honor is its application in stroke play vs. match play.
- Up to four players can play online together in a variety of match play and stroke play conditions.
- Because match play is so different than stroke play, you want experience on your side.
- I won my first 15 games in match play to quickly move up the standings.
- If you repair a spike mark, the penalty is two strokes, or loss of hole in match play.
- In match play, it's imperative that you stay on top of your game.
- In the match play, I caught a day where I played very well and he wasn't at his best.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.