- In light of the complexity of the universe, which of the overarching theories of materialism, humanism, or theism provides the best explanation?
- The field is dominated by schools of materialism that describe mental phenomena as types or side products of physical phenomena.
- And, if we don't really know what matter is, then materialism is in trouble.
- The first is ontological materialism, which says that nothing exists except the material world.
- This materialism was of a mechanical kind - with matter interacting like parts in a giant clockwork mechanism.