In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These seem like odd responses since she doesn't come across as materialistic, but perhaps that's why.
- I am not going to paint a broad stroke and say our society is materialistic, is driven by consumer needs or is a slave to marketing.
- I've never been that materialistic, but I need something, some kind of tool to improve my self-esteem.
- Sensual and materialistic, they want all the power, comfort and control they can get out of life.
- In this materialistic era, even teachers have changed their lifestyle.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.