In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1pertrechos masculinematerial bélico masculine
- Additional stocks of ammunition, food, medicines, and other materiel are created at strongholds.
- The offensive materiel will have gone, with heavy weaponry no longer of any real practical military use now either.
- In each case, equipment and materiel will be pre-positioned in several places around the world.
- At the end of the Battle of Verdun, the French emerged victorious, though at a huge cost in human lives and materiel.
- The mission is to destroy armoured and unarmored combat materiel, low and slow airborne vehicles and other targets.
- A survey in one formation discovered 70 unauthorised modifications to materiel.
- The goal was to have medical units deploy with their required materiel and equipment.
- Further automatization of the system of command and control of troops and materiel will also produce a great impact on tactics.
- This materiel enabled U.S. forces to survive during the first critical weeks of the operation.
- The air-drop equipment is intended to air drop paratroopers, materiel and cargo.
- It also made impossible to timely form attack forces and provide them with essential supplies and materiel.
- Doing so can be characterized as actions against people and materiel.
- Force structure, doctrine, materiel and training must all adapt to the change.
- There weren't enough people to handle this flow, and, in the end, we sent far more materiel to the theater than we needed.
- The combatant commander is responsible for the flow of equipment, personnel, and materiel into his theater.
- By 1919 their superiority in both men and materiel would be enormous, and Allied staff officers began to plan a great offensive for that year.
- The rear cargo deck accommodates the transport of troops and/or materiel.
- Limits include time, manpower, materiel, and a host of other factors.
- It was due to supply the forces with weapons, ammunition, and other materiel.
- Military materiel is landed via a bow ramp and also via assault boats through the doors of the flooded well.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.