In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1maternidad feminine(clinic/ward) de obstetricia(clothes/dress) de embarazada(dress/clothes) de futura mamá(dress/clothes) premamá Spain(leave/pay) por maternidad
- Her friend had her suitcase, full of her maternity clothes and normal clothes as well.
- The party would also want to help families, by giving improved maternity benefits so that a parent could stay at home.
- She said when she gave birth to five-month-old Keane, she was left with no benefits at all except maternity pay.
- The plan covers options for life insurance, widowhood insurance and maternity benefits.
- Expectant mothers can register at any maternity or child welfare centre.
- Is there anywhere in Bangkok to buy reasonably-priced maternity clothes?
- Women often experience a lack of sufficient financial support during maternity.
- A number of these patterns are concerned with maternity and child health.
- She still works out five days a week and the maternity clothes have been put away for good.
- Speaking of being large and in charge, let us talk for a moment about the issue of maternity clothes.
- What will happen to the child that was conceived with the father out of work and the mother in need of support during maternity?
- One of our employees recently found out she was pregnant, so everyone is anxious to see a good maternity policy in place.
- Then don't forget the minimum wage, lone parent support and maternity and paternity arrangements.
- The elevator to the maternity ward took a very long time.
- Mothers could transfer some maternity pay and leave to fathers.
- Often they exclude provision for maternity and childcare.
- Ground level contains maternity outpatient services, with paediatric outpatients above.
- And for you women who've been pregnant and worn maternity pants, you know how ridiculous those things look.
- It's not easy being pregnant and finding nice maternity clothes.
- In its report on access to maternity services the committee says that not all families across the country are getting access to the services that they need.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.