In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1matemática femininematemáticas femininemates feminine informal
- This philosopher made a name for himself by using math to solve science hundreds of years ago.
- We had started some math and they took to it as quickly as they had words and letters.
- This brings me to my next point, which is how highly treasured math and science are.
- More undergraduates need to be motivated to specialize in math or the sciences.
- Do various science or math theories belong, at all, in the world of literary criticism?
- I chuckle and look back to where my ancestors, several hundred years ago, began learning to do math.
- At my hotel, a professor came every morning to teach math and reading skills to the workers.
- I think my sensibilities were running more towards arts and humanities than math and science.
- The math is dumbed down a bit as is necessary for a mass market book like this.
- It was the first time in my life that I understood why people are terrified of math.
- You had to know the length of your title and then do some math to get you to the right place to start.
- It was laborious and tedious and horrible, but it got me interested in math.
- Students in math know that the essence of the subject lies in theorems and proofs.
- In fact, it looked as though he had forgotten how to do math altogether.
- It's not giving the kids much of a break if everything has to teach them about tolerance or math.
- Also, it was said that the review recommended that math and physics come together a bit.
- He has also complained that they've kept him from teaching math to his fellow inmates.
- If you can add and know the difference between a one and a zero, you can do binary math.
- During the day my mind was occupied with thoughts of math, literature, English, and history.
- He always came top of the class in math so I thought he would be useful for once.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.