In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1matemático masculinematemática feminineI'm no mathematician — no soy bueno para las matemáticas
- This is an introduction to intuitionistic mathematics for mature mathematicians.
- The book develops the theme that mathematics and mathematicians can be interesting.
- So how do mathematicians solve these complicated differential equations?
- Many mathematicians were interested in natural philosophy, and geology in particular.
- Various letters were exchanged between theologians, scientists and mathematicians.
- Perhaps all we need to do to answer it is to read the mathematical treatises which the Greek mathematicians wrote.
- in this work he showed himself as a mathematician rather than as a mathematical physicist.
- The book was written for pupils who love mathematics and want to become mathematicians.
- The next point to consider is how the mathematician differs from the physicist.
- He has asked us to reprint a letter he wrote his students, explaining the joys of being a mathematician.
- Indian mathematicians and astronomers constructed sine table with great precision.
- Particularly useful are cases where the mathematician made astronomical observations.
- I liked mathematics, and my father being a mathematician was no reason I should not become one too.
- Only a very small proportion of mathematics students end up becoming research mathematicians.
- Of course mathematicians continue to do mathematics while on holiday and they were both working hard.
- In addition they met with leading European scientists and mathematicians who visited London.
- He is considered by most historians of mathematics as one of the greatest mathematicians of all time.
- Everyone believed that mathematicians and astronomers would provide the solution but it is not to be.
- This is far from an end to the arguments about Euclid the mathematician.
- The Greeks were superb mathematicians and discovered much of the mathematics we still use today.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.