In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
nounPlural matrices, Plural matrixes
Geology Audio Printing Mathematics
- The surrounding matrix of the fossil, which creates a natural mold, should also be thoroughly examined.
- The fine-grained matrix consists mainly of quartz and feldspar.
- To his surprise, fossils within the matrix were also silicified.
- Two images can be captured, one where the matrix is in focus, the other where the crystals are in focus.
- He discovered the rule for multiplying matrices in 1812 and it is almost certainly for this that he will be remembered rather than his other work.
- Most of the crystals were standing on the quartz matrix, but a number were lying flat and were doubly terminated.
- It is also the source of many baby-pink rhodochrosite crystal groups without much matrix.
- The metaconglomerates comprise monocrystalline or polycrystalline angular or subrounded clasts of quartz embedded in an arenaceous matrix.
- We tipped the matrix of quartz on microcline and cleavelandite to remove the crystal, no easy job in the confined space of the pocket.
- Of particular importance is his appreciation of the value of elementary hermitian matrices in numerical analysis.
- Limited dolomitization of the calcite around the edges of the fossils and in the matrix of the concretion occurred at a later stage.
- Protruding from the frozen earth, like dinosaur fossils in a matrix of rock, was a row of brown vertebrae, ancient and massive.
- These were then used to shape the matrixes from which the records were pressed.
- Both the matrix and crystals are generally rather highly fractured, making it difficult to collect good unbroken specimens.
- Locally, intense brecciation gave rise to angular vein quartz fragments enveloped by a matrix of massive hematitic rock.
- The larger dolomite crystals fill voids in the fine-grained dolomite matrix.
- The fine-grained matrix consists chiefly of gypsum, although traces of anhydrite may be present.
- Crystals free from the matrix are virtually nonexistent.
- For this simple example, this means we can get to any of the six permutation matrices in a single swap.
- However he also worked on differential equations, matrices and other topics in algebra, continued fractions, geometry and number theory.
- These blocks are enclosed in a matrix of sheared, serpentinized ultramafic rocks and thus the entire sequence constitutes another melange.
- Equivalently, physicists can represent a given quantum system by a matrix - a square array of whole numbers.
- Rhombs of ferroan dolomite occur both in the fringe around the fossils and within the matrix of the concretion.
- The matrix is inserted at its base, the mould is adjusted to the desired width, molten lead is poured in to form a column, and the character is cast in the matrix at the bottom.
- One consisted of specimens with cubic crystals on matrix purportedly from Siberia.
- In one specimen stephanite was intimately associated with pyrite in a matrix of tabular calcite crystals, all on quartz.
- Except for a few small bone fragments, no fossils have been observed within the clasts or in the matrix.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.