In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1maduración feminine(of wine, spirits) añejamiento masculine
- Yet more techniques for adding to or altering the flavour of Chardonnay are oak-barrel fermentation and maturation.
- Fierce competition often provokes a rush to judgement, a sense of perpetual crisis and a frantic chase for stories, sacrificing the process of reflective maturation.
- The process is essentially the same as the white wine process: gathering the grapes, fermentation, maturation and bottling.
- As with wine, whisky's production and maturation process - especially if peat is used - have a big impact on the final flavour.
- They have experimented with all the techniques of modern winemaking in terms of time of grape picking, fermentation times and temperatures, and maturation.
- If our understanding of red wine maturation is incomplete, even less is known about the ageing process in white wines.
- To these traditional ingredients they add inert temperature-controlled fermentation and maturation in new oak, mainly French.
- Throughout the years of maturation, the whisky, which coming out of the still is a colorless spirit, gradually becomes more complex.
- Over the past ten years, better vineyard practices and a greater understanding of wine-making and maturation have dramatically improved the quality of these wines.
- It uses local Hallertauer and Saaz hop and has at least six weeks of cold maturation which results in an extremely drinkable lager.
- While available in magnums, this is not a wine requiring the slow maturation that a larger bottle brings.
- As well as the raw materials used, often from local sources, the maturation of a whisky in cask is extremely important when forging its character.
- Fermentation and maturation in oak is another important aspect.
- Then they gave the wine an extended maturation in oak barrels.
- They've done such a good job of excluding air from their winemaking process that they now have to make sure that a certain amount of oxygen gets into the wines in order to get good maturation.
- And the large proportion of Grenache and Zinfandel grapes need slower maturation, thus reaching higher sugar levels that turn on fermentation into alcohol.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.