In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1estudiante mayor masculine
- Returning from the US in 1997, he enrolled as a mature student in University College Cork, where he studied law.
- She said parish leaders would like to see the student housing close to residences set aside for mature students and post-graduates.
- Even when I was at university full-time as a mature student with a mortgage and rates to pay I never considered a loan.
- I attended university as a mature student and was shocked at how ignorant and uneducated our student population actually is.
- This provision requires that parental income be taken into account irrespective of the individual circumstances in any case where the student is not a mature student.
- Her mother went back to university as a mature student and got herself a degree, despite bringing up two girls on her own.
- By this stage she had graduated from Aberdeen University as a mature student and was working as a teacher, first in primary schools, then with secondary pupils with special needs.
- I like meeting friends who've come back to college as mature students to finish their education, and there are plenty of those.
- This year's scholarship recipients include students currently in third level education and mature students entering college for the first time.
- I have just recently gone went back to university as a mature student to complete a degree in political science.
- Now, though, the former mature student and Glasgow University graduate's cup runneth over.
- While the colleges welcome mature students and often find them to be eager learners, they advise them to be well prepared to adapt to changing from work to studying.
- He studied in York between 1971 and 1974 after being accepted by the university as a mature student with a single A-level pass at Grade E.
- In the longer term, the college could target mature students, who are likely to become a growing feature of this market.
- It's a factor that has influenced my decision, as a mature student, to enter the teaching profession.
- The timing of the fair could not be better as applications from mature students who want to attend university are being accepted from December 15.
- He attended Newcastle University as a mature student.
- Anyone aged 21 and over who is taking a university or college course is classed as a mature student.
- I know Kirsty's path, because it is one I followed myself, arriving at Glasgow University as a mature student in 1993.
- One thing I like about working here is the fact that there are so many people of my generation who have returned to college as mature students.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.