In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(physical)madurez feminineedad adulta feminineto reach maturity — llegar a la madurez
- With the party's countrywide base eroding, Gandhi campaigned tirelessly and showed political maturity.
- The differential diagnosis for patients with hip symptoms can be grouped by skeletal maturity.
- Plants were grown to maturity in a greenhouse under natural conditions.
- She took her mind's wisdom as a way of showing her growing maturity.
- The speaker has the emotional maturity of a 14 year old boy.
- It was almost childlike, but with a strong underlying sense of maturity and wisdom.
- Where intellectual and emotional maturity have been demonstrated, younger patients might be considered.
- Grapes that never achieved full maturity were used in condiments and marinades.
- Heads were turned from coast to coast because of his newfound maturity and leadership.
- Harvest date should be determined by crop maturity, not by the calendar.
- But besides his height his body showed the average maturity of a sixteen year old.
- But I just couldn't match his muscle maturity and his back.
- Why wait twenty more births to achieve spiritual maturity when you could achieve it in two births?
- Other graduates may lack the maturity necessary to succeed in graduate school.
- These are the signs not only of old age, but of maturity, experience and wisdom.
- The germinated kernels were transferred to potting soil and grown to maturity in a greenhouse.
- Could this be a reflection of a newfound maturity in the field?
- Do your child's coordination and maturity levels match those of others in the program?
- At embryo maturity, X-ray analysis is used to distinguish filled seeds from dead, empty seeds.
- The female mouse reaches sexual maturity at an age of 5-6 weeks.
2(of temperament, mentality)madurez feminine
3(of plant)pleno desarrollo masculine
- The value of a bond depends on its par value, coupon and maturity date.
- If not, then the bond maturity date accelerates, and it would have to pay down the debt.
- Fixed mortgage rates continue to fall across all maturities.
- If you withdraw your money from a term deposit before its maturity date, you typically lose all the interest.
- And they must be held for a long time, maturities usually five years or longer.
- If you need cash in the interim, you do not need to hold these instruments until maturity.
- Also bear in mind that what really matters is the maturity value of the policy.
- The issue has a five-year maturity period that expires on March 1, 2007.
- The accreted principal is not paid with the coupons, but accrues and is paid at maturity.
- Your capital is guaranteed as long as you keep the bond until maturity date.
- Strips are available for different maturity dates and at different rates of interest.
- In addition, terminal bonuses are usually awarded on maturity of the investment.
- The reason is that those trees are way, way past their optimum maturity date for harvesting.
- Much of this is multilateral and bilateral debt and suppliers credits with long-term maturities and favourable terms that should not be refinanced.
- If managers anticipate rising interest rates, they generally shorten the average maturity of the bonds in their funds.
- But you don't want to go out too far in maturities.
- You may want to buy bonds whose maturity date coincides with your future needs.
- If you do continue with the endowment please do so on the basis that you will keep it until maturity.
- Yields were largely unchanged, with shorter maturities outperforming the long-bond.
- As bills of exchange are meant to be discounted, they do not usually remain in the hands of the ostensible payee until their date of maturity.
- Loans and fixed-income security that the company issues differ dramatically in their maturity dates.
- The latest cut last month was an average 15 % reduction in maturity values.
- The mortgage loans for individuals have a maturity period of 15 years.
- For investors wanting to cash in at maturity this could give rise to a capital gain or a capital loss.
- For an investor who plans to hold the bond until maturity, liquidity risk is less important.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.