In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(physical)madurez feminineedad adulta feminineto reach maturity — llegar a la madurez
- At embryo maturity, X-ray analysis is used to distinguish filled seeds from dead, empty seeds.
- The female mouse reaches sexual maturity at an age of 5-6 weeks.
- Where intellectual and emotional maturity have been demonstrated, younger patients might be considered.
- Do your child's coordination and maturity levels match those of others in the program?
- The germinated kernels were transferred to potting soil and grown to maturity in a greenhouse.
- With the party's countrywide base eroding, Gandhi campaigned tirelessly and showed political maturity.
- Other graduates may lack the maturity necessary to succeed in graduate school.
- Why wait twenty more births to achieve spiritual maturity when you could achieve it in two births?
- The speaker has the emotional maturity of a 14 year old boy.
- These are the signs not only of old age, but of maturity, experience and wisdom.
- The differential diagnosis for patients with hip symptoms can be grouped by skeletal maturity.
- Heads were turned from coast to coast because of his newfound maturity and leadership.
- She took her mind's wisdom as a way of showing her growing maturity.
- But besides his height his body showed the average maturity of a sixteen year old.
- Harvest date should be determined by crop maturity, not by the calendar.
- Could this be a reflection of a newfound maturity in the field?
- Grapes that never achieved full maturity were used in condiments and marinades.
- Plants were grown to maturity in a greenhouse under natural conditions.
- It was almost childlike, but with a strong underlying sense of maturity and wisdom.
- But I just couldn't match his muscle maturity and his back.
2(of temperament, mentality)madurez feminine
3(of plant)pleno desarrollo masculine
- If you do continue with the endowment please do so on the basis that you will keep it until maturity.
- Strips are available for different maturity dates and at different rates of interest.
- If you withdraw your money from a term deposit before its maturity date, you typically lose all the interest.
- Fixed mortgage rates continue to fall across all maturities.
- Also bear in mind that what really matters is the maturity value of the policy.
- If managers anticipate rising interest rates, they generally shorten the average maturity of the bonds in their funds.
- The issue has a five-year maturity period that expires on March 1, 2007.
- For investors wanting to cash in at maturity this could give rise to a capital gain or a capital loss.
- The reason is that those trees are way, way past their optimum maturity date for harvesting.
- In addition, terminal bonuses are usually awarded on maturity of the investment.
- And they must be held for a long time, maturities usually five years or longer.
- If not, then the bond maturity date accelerates, and it would have to pay down the debt.
- The latest cut last month was an average 15 % reduction in maturity values.
- You may want to buy bonds whose maturity date coincides with your future needs.
- Much of this is multilateral and bilateral debt and suppliers credits with long-term maturities and favourable terms that should not be refinanced.
- But you don't want to go out too far in maturities.
- Loans and fixed-income security that the company issues differ dramatically in their maturity dates.
- As bills of exchange are meant to be discounted, they do not usually remain in the hands of the ostensible payee until their date of maturity.
- If you need cash in the interim, you do not need to hold these instruments until maturity.
- Your capital is guaranteed as long as you keep the bond until maturity date.
- For an investor who plans to hold the bond until maturity, liquidity risk is less important.
- The accreted principal is not paid with the coupons, but accrues and is paid at maturity.
- Yields were largely unchanged, with shorter maturities outperforming the long-bond.
- The value of a bond depends on its par value, coupon and maturity date.
- The mortgage loans for individuals have a maturity period of 15 years.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.