In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Bioabsorbable technology is a revolution that has set new standards in maxillofacial surgery.
- Thermoplastic syntactic foam could be used to repair bone defects, provide prostheses for maxillofacial reconstruction, serve as intervertebral spacers, and be used to fabricate orthopedic and other implants.
- An 85 year old woman was referred to the department of maxillofacial surgery by her general dental practitioner with a three week history of sore throat.
- Plastic surgery, general surgery or maxillofacial surgery may be necessary for deep wounds or those requiring significant debridement and closure.
- I embarked on medical training in 1961 as a mature student with two years of general dental practice and three years of hospital oral surgery and maxillofacial trauma behind me.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.