- Just as the crooked mass of shiny-leafed buttonbush, and even the swamp dwelling mayapple - its umbrella-like leaves shading sweet yellow fruit - need fire's fertilizing hand, so too does the wildlife.
- Farther back, there's furtive jack-in-the-pulpit and mayapple, and along our driveway, wild columbine's whiskered pendants.
- As I drive away, I see mayapples along the edge of the woods.
- I have christened it the ‘Mandrake’ (the name used for the mayapple [Podophyllum peltatum] by various 16 th- and 17 th-century English poets).
- And there are native wildflowers, such as mayapple, Jack-in-the-pulpit, and foamflower.
- They might remind you of mayapple or of pachysandra.
- If the method is adopted, increased demand for the American mayapple may make it a new alternative crop.
- Violets, wild geranium, mayapple, and blue phlox bloom in April and May.