In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1feminine alcaldíafeminine intendencia River Platemasculine mandato como alcaldefeminine intendencia River Plate
- While they guarantee all of the top jobs - including the mayoralty - to members of certain political parties, equally they deny others the signal honour of wearing the chain of office.
- For one thing, those close to him insist he wants no part of Toronto's mayoralty.
- The city added 430,000 new jobs during his mayoralty - Gotham's greatest job growth ever.
- In 1936, Wick mounted an odd campaign for Portland's mayoralty.
- He purchased entrance to the franchise in 1350, at the beginning of Robert's first mayoralty.
- Positions such as mayoralties are not the property of certain parties to be carved up between them; they're the property of the people.
- His deeper political reason for calling lay in his design to become a candidate for the mayoralty position in Oakland, California.
- Under the amendment, the 309 mayoralties of townships and county municipalities would become appointed positions and part of the bureaucracy under county and provincial municipal governments.
- He wanted the newly powerful mayoralty that Fitzgerald had.
- Throwing him out of the party tore London Labour apart, cost us the mayoralty and on the positive side, showed what the limits were for the left.
- The public input portion of Monday's debate kicked off with criticism from two failed mayoralty candidates who ran for office in November's election.
- The current proposal is for a dedicated tax to be added to the already-bloated cost of London's mayoralty.
- If none of the councillors win the mayoralty then three will go.
- They would all willingly forfeit any hope to win the mayoralty rather than make such a class appeal.
- This battle between mayoralty and state legislature would rise again as future Irish mayors struggled to affirm their power as Boston's chief executive.
- The Taipei mayoralty has always been a springboard for higher political office.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.