In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1comida feminineshe has four meals a day — hace cuatro comidas al día
- he cooked me a delicious meal — me preparó / me hizo una comida deliciosa
- it's your turn to cook a meal — te toca a ti hacer la comida / hacer de comer
- she never has a proper meal — nunca come como es debido / como Dios manda
- I try not to eat between meals — trato de no comer nada entre horas
- I've invited them over for a meal — los he invitado a comer (or a cenar)
- Once there, she inhaled a small meal of bread and cheese before rushing off to begin work.
- He had cooked a meal of barbecued chicken and boiled potatoes with butter.
- She walked into a small bar and ordered a light meal.
- They stopped at noon for a small meal of bread and cheese.
- He had fixed a fine meal of beef, potatoes, carrots and onions, and the men were lining up eagerly, plates in one hand and coffee mugs in the other.
- Lisa, their cook, made fabulous meals, but nothing compared to the cakes her mother made.
- With winter pretty much here, it's a great meal to have for lunch, dinner, or both.
- The weary traveller can relax here on a shady terrace with a light meal and refreshments.
- So he and Teresa invited Jelly to join them and sat down to a meal of beef stew and fresh bread.
- Causey ate a large meal that evening, the best meal he'd eaten in nearly two years.
- I have never washed a dish, cleaned a floor nor cooked a meal.
- While cooking the meal of grilled chicken, rice, rolls, and peas, the doorbell rang.
- Dan nodded, pleasantly, and tucked into his meal of potatoes, roast beef, and vegetables.
- Then quickly she went back to cleaning up the mess while the meal cooked.
- Here, cooks will prepare a light meal of mixed salad, tinned cold fish or meat, bread and cheese and fruit.
- My mom would enjoy cooking those favourite healthy meals of hers in it.
- He was more inclined to cook his own meal than order one from some fast food place.
- As usual, the meal was cooked to perfection but I didn't feel hungry.
- This includes the lecture, wine and a light meal of French bread, salami and cheese.
- He picked up his regular meal, toast, wheat-cereal with milk and made his way to a table to eat.
1(de avena, maíz etc) harina feminine
- The diet was primarily finely rolled milo, with sorghum silage, soybean meal, urea, and ammonium sulfate.
- The examples compare corn silage to alfalfa hay, ‘normal’ silage, and corn grain plus soybean meal.
- The processors were concerned that between 3,500 and 4,000 tonnes of Zimbabwean soya bean meal was destined for Zambia.
- These are the only processing agents that are in contact with the soybean oil and meal.
- Soybean meal, milk protein and alfalfa are feed ingredients high in lysine.
- Kids preferred supplements based on either corn or soybean meal over those based on fishmeal or molasses.
- His vision was to find ways to use soybean oil and meal in parts for his automobiles.
- You remove the tannin by leaching it out of the ground-up acorn meal but are left with a fairly tasteless mush for making pancakes or the like.
- The only problem is, South American soybean meal tends to have less protein, so the African farmer often has to purchase feed additives.
- A conventional soybean expeller saw an opportunity, became certified and started producing organic soybean meal and soy oil.
- Frequently, ground limestone is added to processed soybean meal to improve its flowability.
- Their diet consists of corn and soybean meal, water, vitamins and minerals.
- Treatment cows received diets similar to the control diet except the DF replaced all of the soybean meal and corn.
- Burcon developed a process to extract and purify valuable proteins from canola meal.
- The researchers traced the dioxin to chicken feed, specifically soybean meal.
- While U.S. soybean meal exports to Mexico have been smaller than soybean exports, trade in soybean meal has started to grow very rapidly.
- At a board retreat, he suggested adding a soybean extruder to make soy meal and oil.
- That dedication allows AGP to be a low-cost supplier to industry users of soybean oil and meal.
- In contrast, if soybean meal is used as the sole supplemental protein source, there will be no benefit to added valine.
- It's a key producer of lysine, a feed additive derived from amino acids that is mixed with corn and soybean meal to fatten up livestock.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.