In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1mecánico masculinemecánica femininesee also mechanics
- For a specific job, such as a car mechanic, a list of skills or tasks in which a trainee needs to be competent in order to do the job can easily be created.
- Why wait for your brake pads on your car to fail when your car mechanic has highlighted they need changing.
- Small businesses and traders are expected to be hit hardest by the ban, with skilled mechanics losing work.
- Sam's Dad was a car mechanic and the conservatory was full of containers of oil and petrol.
- Martyn, who serves as a mechanic with the Royal Engineers, is set to return this week.
- The men - without exception - were either farmers, mechanics or labourers.
- It is also worth having the car inspected by a mechanic if you have serious concerns about it.
- Mr Semple spent three years as an engine mechanic at the base in the 1950s.
- All work shall be carried out in accordance with the best standard practice, by mechanics skilled in the type of work concerned.
- But a friend who worked as a car mechanic insisted the brakes had another 15,000 miles of wear on them.
- A door or two down a mechanic works under a car in his professional garage.
- Bryan, a retired mechanic and former car service manager, has not looked back since this introduction.
- So ask your mechanic to inspect the car as if you were going to be buying it now, as a used car.
- He's a car mechanic by trade but he practically lives at the allotments.
- He had extreme difficulty sleeping, and missed the final exams in his apprenticeship as a vehicle mechanic.
- Since his father was a car mechanic, he kept plenty of tools in the garage.
- But while her skills in the kitchen could be improved, she recently revealed she is a skilled car mechanic.
- John was an able mechanic who had a fine knowledge of engines and machinery and was gifted with his hands.
- Patients select a mechanic for their cars with more care than their practitioners.
- Ask the surveyor to refer you to a marine mechanic capable of evaluating the engine.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.