In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Mechanics Physicsmecánica feminine
- He wrote articles on the methodology of mathematics and on theoretical mechanics.
- There was no position for him at the university at this time so he was not able to teach his specialist research topics, but rather he had to teach mechanics, and statistics.
- Dynamics is defined as that branch of mechanics that deals with forces and their relation primarily to motion.
- Understanding the atom required a new kind of mechanics that operated through a new set of rules.
- He held this post until 1854 and he gave many public lectures on the applications of mathematics and mechanics to industry.
- His texts include books on algebra, mechanics, geometry and analysis.
- No further progress was made until the 16th Century when mechanics began to drive mathematicians to examine problems such as centres of gravity.
- The historical development of mechanics reflected a similar learning process.
- With this work Lagrange transformed mechanics into a branch of mathematical analysis.
- He lectured on analysis, physics, mechanics, chemistry, and engineering topics.
- Heron, although very adept at both mathematics and applied mechanics, was probably not very original in either.
- The courses he offered were on mathematics and mechanics.
- He applied mechanics to improve turbines and waterwheels more than doubling the efficiency of the waterwheel.
- Bonnet also published on cartography, algebra, rational mechanics and mathematical physics.
- Cramer taught geometry and mechanics while Calandrini taught algebra and astronomy.
- In his role as professor Olivier lectured on descriptive geometry and mechanics.
- From 1899 until 1904 he was professor of mechanics and mathematical physics at Columbia.
- The brothers were given the best education in Baghdad, studying geometry, mechanics, music, mathematics and astronomy.
- His official courses were on quantum mechanics, classical mechanics, and complex function theory.
- This paper contained equations which Laplace stated were important in mechanics and physical astronomy.
2.1(method, practical details)the mechanics — los aspectos prácticos
2.2(mechanical parts)the mechanics — los aspectos prácticos
- there's something wrong with the mechanics — hay un problema mecánico
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.