In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There may be circumstances when it is important to be able to estimate the distribution function and the corresponding mean and median values parametrically.
- However, while a few genes do show rather high transition bias, most of the estimates cluster tightly around the median value.
- The median values were compared by the rank sum test.
- The median values of comet length distribution (at least three independent experiments) were used in a one-way analysis of variance test.
- He says the poorest bankruptcy filers, people who fall below the median income in their state, can wipe out their debts the same way they did before.
- Arrows indicate the median value of divergence times of each distribution.
- The median value assures good recognition for half of the frames.
- Frequencies of recombination correspond to the median value of two or three fluctuation tests, each one done with six independent colonies.
- In all cases however, wetter/drier and warmer/cooler are relative to the median value at the location you're looking at.
- Use of the median value for an individual provides an analysis representing the central tendency for valuing the species.
- We propose to calculate the median values at each iteration of the Gibbs sampler.
- When median values were examined, both sexes showed a preference for one partner and did not differ in the number of partners they preferred prior to settling down.
- This information was then used to estimate the median values and the 95% confidence intervals.
- As for Stephanie, she falls below her state's median income and could still file Chapter 7 but would have to fill out more paperwork to prove it.
- If the median value was chosen, then the wavelengths were converted to a unit of energy.
- On the basis of the median values, it appears that researchers have used larger sample sizes in the last decade compared with in the earlier decades.
- The first value corresponds to the most heterogeneous values observed in the literature and the second to a median value.
- The median value of stock holdings among these families was $47,000 in 1998.
- At least 15 independent colonies were analyzed for each strain and the median values were used for the calculation.
- Homes are considerably cheaper - the median value is about $25,000 - but they tend to be older.
- The volar compartment includes forearm wrist flexors, pronator tendons, and median and ulnar nerves and arteries.
- However, results may be limited, because the bladder neck and median prostate lobe cannot be treated.
- The contents of the tunnel include the median nerve and flexor tendons of the hand.
- The normally obliterated umbilical artery within the urachus forms the median umbilical ligament in the adult.
- After birth, it is represented by the median umbilical ligament, which extends from the dome or anterior wall of the bladder to the umbilicus.
- Descriptive statistics (means, standard deviations, medians and percentages) were used.
- Values are medians (interquartile ranges) unless stated otherwise.
- Summary descriptive statistics were computed by using proportions or medians and interquartile ranges.
- The results are presented either as medians and interquartile ranges or percentage frequencies and 95% confidence intervals, as appropriate.
- Data that were not normally distributed were described by using medians and interquartile ranges.
- In October 2000 the average and median had been $587 and $448 respectively.
- We produced summary statistics for each cost variable (means, medians, and standard deviations).
- Clinical factors graded on a scale of 0 to 3 were reported as medians and interquartile ranges.
- Time intervals are expressed as medians and interquartile ranges.
- Using the median rather than the average of the set of estimates does not improve estimation (results not shown).
- Perpendicular bisectors of two pieces of its medians form a hexagon with opposite sides parallel (and some additional features).
- When medians and ranges were presented the values were converted to means.
- Dashed lines connect observations within 1.5 interquartile ranges of the median.
- Descriptive statistics, including means, medians, range, standard deviation, and frequencies, were used to enumerate the TAT process.
- The data were analyzed in several ways, incorporating frequencies, percentages, means, medians, and standard deviations.
- We calculated means, standard deviations, medians, and interquartile ranges as appropriate.
- We expressed categorical variables as frequencies and percentages and continuous variables as medians (interquartile range).
- As the data were skewed, we have presented medians and interquartile ranges for continuous data.
- Data are described as frequencies, medians with ranges, and means with standard deviations.
- Descriptive statistics such as means, standard deviations, medians, percentages and frequencies were used to summarize the data.
- We calculated means (standard deviations) or medians (ranges or interquartile ranges) as appropriate.
2also median strip
USmediana femininebandejón (central) masculine Chilecamellón masculine Mexico
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.