- These two facts combine to make the Commission an extremely important legislative actor, especially when there are inter-institutional disagreements on legislative content and mediation and brokerage are required.
- The parties have been in mediation for five weeks.
- Children who participate in conflict mediation on a regular basis improve in their ability to engage in the process.
- As a result, conflicts over rights and responsibilities required intense negotiation and mediation.
- The agency's next step is to attempt resolution through mediation.
- There is a difference between mediation that fails and mediation that does not even start because one party refuses to participate at all.
- My understanding is that counsel decided in the context of failed mediation not to proceed with a pretrial.
- If informal mediation is unsuccessful, or the parties involved do not feel comfortable approaching one another one-on-one, the issue goes to formal mediation.
- Less serious complaints could be dealt by agreement with the complainant, internally or through mediation.
- The lessons had been learnt and, through enlightened policies, respect for national sovereignty and the mediation of the United Nations, peace would prevail.
- Should conciliation fail, the parties could then enter into mediation.
- Mediation has been repeatedly called for in the loyalist feud.
- Mediation provides an opportunity for the two parties to discuss the problem and, together, work out a solution, in an informal setting.
- Consequently, they are encouraging voluntary binding arbitration or nonbinding mediation in more cases.
- The Vietnamese army withdrew in 1989, and in 1991 four of the parties involved in the conflict concluded a peace treaty, under UN mediation.
- While we hope that most disputes will then be resolved through mediation, legal action will be made possible in the last resort.
- The other side has consistently refused mediation, the logical solution.
- For example, we will learn whether information about the benefits of mediation would be more useful later in the process of divorce and separation.
- Increasing the awareness and uptake of alternative methods of dispute resolution such as arbitration, mediation and adjudication is key to an effective civil justice system.
- And frankly, I think that that may not be a bad idea if it's done in a controlled manner through U.S. mediation.