In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in company)médico masculinemédica feminine
- After he qualified he served as a medical officer in the Royal Air Force.
- With further qualifications from Edinburgh she worked as a medical officer in various hospitals until the end of the war.
- After landing in Normandy he served as a regimental medical officer until the armistice.
- Copies are sent to all regional and district medical officers, the Ministry of Health, members of the forum, and district and child health coordinators.
- He also functioned as a regimental medical officer and was always proud of his close association with the Scots Guards.
- After house jobs at Walton Hospital, he joined the Royal Air Force as a medical officer.
- From 1943 to 1946 he served as a regimental medical officer in the Royal Artillery.
- We had written to hundreds of doctors who had worked as medical officers of health before these posts were abolished in 1974.
- Staff members included 22 medical officers, two dentists, one chaplain, 65 nurses, and 153 enlisted men.
- He was a medical officer to several Bedford School boarding houses and deputy police surgeon for many years.
- He served as a medical officer in the Royal Air Force during the war and was promoted to squadron leader.
- Teams of military medical officers will also be sent to the country.
- After graduation he served in the Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve as a medical officer.
- The hospital is staffed by 22 nurses, one senior nursing sister, one matron, and three government medical officers.
- She returned to Pakistan, and worked as a civilian medical officer from 1954 to 1963.
- During the second world war he served with the Royal Army Medical Corps as medical officer to a field ambulance.
- When he left India he worked as a civilian medical officer for the Royal Air Force until 1982.
- After being employed as medical officers, they were put on probation for three years.
- A further 16 nurses and three medical officers are employed in the eight-bedded in-patient unit.
- Medical examinations and record reviews by local authority medical officers were conducted at ages 7 and 16 years.
2Militarymédico militar masculinemédica militar feminine
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.