In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- His system turns mediocre players into good ones and good players into great ones.
- If we don't allow any quality commercial development then the town is doomed to a mediocre fate.
- So I guess the conclusion is that this is a mediocre, eminently forgettable album.
- In spite of the huge efforts of the committee prior to the meeting attendance was mediocre.
- Unfortunately, the quality of the titles ranged all the way from mediocre to abysmal.
- Grandera appears to have two ways of running, quite brilliant or utterly mediocre.
- At best, they were mediocre and at worst, merely a repeat of some of his past successes.
- The industry is still too accepting of mediocre illustrations and photography in general.
- We waited 50 minutes for our mediocre and pricey lunch dishes to be delivered to our table.
- Both sides gave a mediocre performance in the first half and created scarce chances on goal.
- The hotels I hate are the really, really mediocre ones that pretend to be really, really good ones.
- I do think that there is a lot of mediocre music that has been coming out lately, so I sort of agree.
- The offence was mediocre, not managing to aid their defence and goalie whatsoever.
- She can go from mediocre to champion in the space of a couple of sets.
- The first story was great and the others various degrees of mediocre to all right.
- Two things make home working a really viable prospect for a mediocre hack like myself.
- It was a match of mediocre quality, although neither side was short of commitment.
- Another mediocre season will not see him offered three more years in charge of Edinburgh and so he might as well go for broke.
- I thought it was slightly better than mediocre, which was precisely what I was expecting.
- The more I think about it, there were some pretty poor teachers at the school, and most were mediocre.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.