In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(artillery/aircraft/missile) de alcance medio(artillery/aircraft/missile) de alcance intermedio
- The navy also had a rocket program and was working on a medium-range missile called Vanguard.
- A search uncovered 15 medium-range Scud missiles packed under bags of cement, along with conventional high explosive warheads and drums of fuel.
- Any nation with a medium-range missile might be able to knock a satellite out of low Earth orbit.
- Images of 15 medium-range Scud missiles and conventional warheads discovered by a boarding party were quickly beamed around the world.
- The Sikorsky is what is classed as a medium-range aircraft, with a range of about 200 miles, a capability to hover at the scene for 45 minutes and the ability to transport 15 people.
- The Derby missile is a medium-range, active radar-guided missile originally developed for the air-to-air role.
- Harpoon is a medium-range missile with a range of 120 km, a 220 kg warhead and active radar terminal guidance.
- A spokesman said they would purchase at least three medium-range helicopters in 2003 and would consider additional purchases.
- The new medium-range missile can reach between 150 km and 200 km.
- Both sides have the ability to deliver the weapons from medium-range missiles or from aircraft.
- The long-lived Hughes Falcon was a short to medium-range missile capable of Mach 4 speed and a range of about 7 miles.
- India is also one of the few admitted nuclear powers, with short and medium-range missiles.
- When he visited Europe in June 1982, hundreds of thousands of protesters took to the streets to oppose his proposal to place medium-range missiles in Germany.
- Airbus says it intends to equip its short and medium-range aircraft in the A320 series with mobile phone technology.
- The document also stated that Libya had shown interest in acquiring medium-range missiles from North Korea.
- At an army day parade last year it displayed new mobile launchers for upgraded medium-range missiles.
- This weekend, Pakistan tested two missiles - a medium-range and a short-range ballistic missile - both capable of carrying conventional and nuclear warheads.
- Pakistan yesterday test-fired a medium-range, nuclear-capable missile, the second such test in less than a week, the army said.
- The Thaad missile, designed to intercept medium-range ballistic missiles, missed its target in six consecutive test shots.
- Plans for the company to take over 26 short / medium-range airliners from Swissair and the same number of long-range aircraft under a plan called Phoenix Plus remain intact.
2(plans/forecast) a medio plazo(plans/forecast) a mediano plazo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.