In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(book/house) de tamaño mediano(person) de talla media(person) de talla mediana(person) de estatura media(person) de estatura mediana
- In a medium-sized saucepan combine the butter, water, salt and bring to the boil.
- The two firms had been talking since the spring and came to an agreement to work together on developing a new breed of medium-sized cars.
- I am particularly supportive of an increased focus on growing Scotland's medium-sized ventures.
- We are looking for convenience stores and medium-sized supermarkets in York and North Yorkshire.
- She had a medium-sized tumour in her lower abdomen that was caused by tuberculosis.
- He soon started his own firm, specialising in medium-size businesses.
- Small and medium-sized businesses were most likely to be complacent about fraud, according to Milliken.
- That's up to four medium-sized glasses of wine for the boys and no more than three for the girls.
- She joins from a medium-sized firm in Glasgow where she worked as an audit senior.
- The trust offers small to medium-sized enterprises grants of up to 50 per cent.
- It is looking to attract up to 700 small and medium-sized business clients by the end of this year.
- The agency has launched an online advice service for small to medium-sized businesses to limit the flood threat.
- Eight medium-size wind farms are under construction.
- This could prove to be a nice cost saving for small to medium-sized businesses.
- In Chapter 5 a historically based account of small and medium-sized business in Britain is set out.
- Grants of up to 25 per cent of total cost are available to small and medium-sized businesses.
- The number of small and medium-sized businesses has traditionally been lower than in many other parts of Scotland.
- At first, the major cities grew in size, then the increase spread to medium-sized towns after 1970.
- I had ordered the medium-size pizza, and found it to be of good size by Bulgarian standards, of dimensions that elsewhere might be described as large.
- The rooms are medium-sized, well decorated, cosy and extremely comfortable.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.