In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(esp de cuáqueros) templo masculine
- Dhafir spoke everywhere from mosques to community centers to Quaker meeting houses about the devastation the sanctions caused.
- I particularly enjoy the Sunday silence at my Quakers meeting house, which gives me much restoration of spirit.
- At 12 years of age we find him running a school in the barn of the Quaker meeting house.
- The Quakers' York meeting house is in Friargate, off Clifford Street, and warden Rosemary Stubbs revealed they had lost money as a venue for meetings because of groups moving out of town.
- A large Quaker meeting house still stands in the historic district of the city.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.