In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1megabyte masculinemegaocteto masculine
- Here is a quick explanation of bytes, megabytes, and so on, and some estimates of the storage requirements of various sorts of information.
- We used to measure data in terms of kilobytes and megabytes; now gigabytes and terabytes are the terms commonly discussed.
- The Editor's Internet service provider will not process files larger than two megabytes.
- I've been writing for years about how the price of hard drives has tumbled down to a penny a megabyte and here I was paying almost 20 cents a megabyte!
- The software requires only five megabytes of hard disk space and 16 megabytes of random access memory (Ram).
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.