In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The switching frequency of 1 megahertz makes it possible to select a small external component.
- The speed of processors, usually known as clock speed, is measured in megahertz or these days in gigahertz (GHz).
- The tiny dimensions of the device allowed it to vibrate quickly, achieving a millions-of-cycles-per-second frequency of 23.57 megahertz.
- Processor speed, which is measured in megahertz is only one factor affecting the performance of a computer.
- The bandwidth of 100 megahertz was divided up into 256 closely adjacent carrier frequencies that do not interfere with one another.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.