- The terraced square of rough stone blocks follows the terrain, suggesting an odd reminiscence of prehistoric megaliths.
- Their simple round-based pottery has sometimes given them the name ‘bowl cultures’, but they are better known for the construction of monumental tombs out of large boulders or megaliths.
- The dry summer led to exceptional definition of buried megaliths, so that orientations and dimensions could be seen.
- I had heard that the megaliths at Stonehenge could be seen from a great distance and one would be overwhelmed as one approached closer.
- The potential significance of Nabta as a ceremonial site was further strengthened by the discovery of an arrangement of stone megaliths (large free standing stones) on the western edge of the Nabta basin.