In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Although they make up the smallest percentage of all skin cancers, melanomas cause the greatest number of deaths.
- There is a definite link between sunbathing and the incidence of malignant melanomas.
- One form of skin cancer, malignant melanoma, can spread to other organs very rapidly.
- About half of malignant skin melanomas arise from pre-existing moles.
- These patients are also at risk for second cancers, including bone, brain, leukemia and lymphoma, melanomas, and soft tissue sarcomas.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.